Saturday, June 30, 2012

Whittier Herring & Pollock

So I decided I better get at least some kind of fishing in.  Had a few hours to kill so I decided I would go try the herring thanks to KK's report earlier with my kayak.

Started off decent.  Much bigger herring than normal.  I'd say purple label size. Filled a gallon ziplock bag in about an hour and all of the sudden it turned off. All I was catching was pollock. My sonar was still lit up more like baitfish so I thought I'd drop a gopro down to see what I could see.  Well I think a lot of one area was bubbles in the water from what I am guessing is decomposing fish waste.  But as my gopro neared the bottom, it was a big school of pollock. 

Here's a short video.  Sorry about the motion of the camera.  I'll have to figure out a way to stabilize it better.

 






3 comments:

Daniel said...

Cool stuff Rudy

Unknown said...

Good video, all the fish in the bottom.

Carp Fishing said...

Really Cool. My favorite hobby is fishing, Carp fishing .I cant think of my leisure period but fishing, Carp fishing . It gives me lot of pleasure,amusement and supplies nutrition too. My family and children also like and enjoy this fihing. Thanks again for such a nice pictorial post.