Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Ship Creek King June 30

Ok, I even hate posting this.  But it is what it is.  Been desperate for my June king and I spent most of june chasing halibut with guests and my kid.  

So I did what any desperate kayaker would do.  I fished the "ditch" other wise known as Ship Creek in Downtown Anchorage.  Tried it two evenings with no results.  Then last night I ran into a local legend Yogee who used to post a lot on Alaska Outdoor Journal.  He showed me the spot and set up.

Launched at 6am, into the office at 8:30am.  

Notice I said I landed a CHinook for the tenth consecutive month.  Not sure most folks in Alaska would call it a king.  Its a pretty big Jack or a super tiny king.  Nice Chunky fish though.   Genetic analysis would confirm though that it is a Oncorhynchus tshawytscha, which as a simpleton, roughly translates into King salmon!  Might try later this evening to make feel a little better about a better sized one since I have a proxy.  




1 comment:

Monower hossain said...

Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. Thanks for share